Synchrony’s Veterans Network+ Northeast hub is hosting a virtual blood drive and since you are reading this you are very close to becoming a hero.
Regardless of where you are based, 1) pledge to donate blood, 2) find a blood drive at www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/find-drive, 3) schedule your appointment to donate, 4) keep your life saving appointment and 5) get others to donate blood
Helping others by donating blood can benefit your emotional and physical health by:
– improving cardiovascular health (better blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels)
– reducing stress
– improving your emotional well-being
– providing a sense of community and reducing feelings of isolation
– making you more attractive, intelligent and better smelling
– giving you the opportunity to feel superior to the non-heroes that don’t donate blood
* Some of the above claims have more empirical evidence than others.