Slayers, get ready to sink your teeth into the return of Buffy Slay Day! 20th Century Fox Consumer Products will host a nationwide blood drive with the American Red Cross on March 10, the anniversary of the iconic series premiere of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” Paying tribute to one of the original television heroines who paved the way for fans everywhere, the Red Cross will launch a Buffy Slay Day blood drive at their Torrance, CA donation center on March 10. Other major blood banks participating include Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville and New York (March 11), will also support the annual Buffy Slay Day celebration with a variety of exclusive giveaways.
The Torrance Red Cross Blood Donation Center will serve as the Buffy Slay Day flagship site as it is just minutes from Torrance High School, the memorable location for the fictional Sunnydale High featured in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”.
At each participating Buffy x Red Cross location, the first 15 fans who show up, regardless of eligibility, will receive the NY Times bestselling book, SLAYER or a Funko vinyl figure. In addition, the first 70 fans will receive a complimentary exclusive variant issue of BOOM! Studios’ sold out Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1, the kick-off edition of the massively popular new Buffy comic book series.
Participating Red Cross blood donation centers include:
Sunday, March 10th
○ Torrance, CA (7 a.m. – 3 p.m.): 2814 Sepulveda Blvd., Torrance, CA 90505
○ Alpharetta, GA (7 a.m. – 2 p.m.): 3000 Old Alabama Rd., Alpharetta, GA 30022
○ Atlanta, GA (7 a.m. – 2 p.m.): 1955 Monroe Dr., Atlanta, GA 30324
○ Duluth, GA (7 a.m. – 2 p.m.): 3090 Premiere Pkwy, Duluth, GA 30097
○ Marietta, GA (7 a.m. – 2 p.m.): 2145 Roswell Rd., Marietta, GA 30062
○ Charlotte, NC (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.): 2425 Park Rd., Charlotte, NC 28203
○ Nashville, TN (7 a.m. – 3 p.m.): 2201 Charlotte Ave., Nashville, TN 37203
Monday, March 11th
○ New York, NY (2 p.m. – 7 p.m.): 510 W 49th St., New York, NY 10019
And please find exclusive 2019 Buffy Slay Day merchandise on the official Buffy online store Shop.Fox.com. The items include an all-new exclusive tee showcasing BOOM! Studios’ 2019 Buffy Slay Day graphic and commemorative logo. Additionally, to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Sunnydale High School’s Class of 1999, Shop.Fox.com unveiled a collection of all-new merchandise. An assortment of apparel, notebooks, and drinkware call out this 20 year “reunion” milestone.