The last year and a half has been full of change, but one thing has remained constant: there is still a need for blood donations across the country, and you can help!
– Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
– Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
– Nearly 7,000 units of platelets and 10,000 units of plasma are needed daily in the U.S.
– The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 units.
– The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
– A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 units of blood.
There are lots of reasons to donate. Remember that in exchange for this selfless act, you also get cookies and 5 wellness points in the BMW Wellbeing Portal!
If you have any questions, please contact Jackie Peace.