Join us in a SleevesUp blood drive supporting the American Red Cross and help ensure patients get the lifesaving blood they need.
The American Red Cross is facing a severe blood shortage due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations in response to the coronavirus outbreak. Healthy individuals are needed now to donate to help patients counting on lifesaving blood.
How to Give:
– Pledge your support. https://sleevesup.redcrossblood.org/campaign/gpjcares/
– When you select the pledge button on the right, enter your zip code to find all blood donation opportunities near you.
– Schedule an appointment and share the campaign. Better yet, take a photo of yourself donating blood and share it using #GPJcares
Of course, your safety is our utmost priority. The Red Cross has implemented new measures to ensure blood drives and donation centers are even safer for donors, including:
– Checking the temperature of staff and donors before entering a drive
– Providing hand sanitizer for use before the drive, as well as throughout the process
– Spacing beds to follow social distancing practices between blood donors
– Increasing enhanced disinfecting of surfaces and equipment
– Wearing gloves and changing gloves with each donor
– Routinely wiping down donor-touched areas
– Using sterile collection sets for every donation
– Preparing the arm for donation with an aseptic scrub
We hope you consider donating to help alleviate this blood shortage, which could impact patients who need surgery, victims of car accidents and other emergencies, or patients suffering from cancer. You might not realize how important certain letters are until they’re gone. Donate today.
Take care and be safe,